Friday, September 17, 2010


Venturing through an otherwise unlit and gloomy basement, I happened upon a small shaft of light, which, in its radiance, split the darkness in two.  Within this beam a single object could be discerned -  a monumental axe of war.  Initially I had to swallow my disbelief; what purpose was there, I thought, for a denizen of suburbia to have in his possession such a brutal and deadly token from our past?  Still, there it was before me, gleaming almost menacingly.  It consisted of two enormous blades, which formed a near perfect circle.  Joining these blades together was a massive hilt, which must have been over four feet in length.  Clearly this was a weapon meant to be swung with ample destructive force.  I fear that in my brazenness to document basements, I may be slowly unraveling a  truly sinister element to society...

No comments:

Post a Comment