Friday, September 17, 2010

Two months ago, I knocked on a front door. A voice from inside said "Come on in!" and I dutifully stepped into the foyer. The voice was coming from the kitchen, so I stuck my head in to exchange brief pleasantries before I read his meters. To my surprise and dismay, the elderly gentleman was standing in front of the counter, completely naked, making a sandwich. My spirits sagged nearly as much as...everything about the man's appearance, and I beat a hasty path to the basement. During that time, he managed to throw on a pair of shorts, and met me at the top of the stairs. His parting words to me as I left his house were "Some days I just don't feel like getting dressed. You know how it is."

I went back to his house today. He was clothed. His decor was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment